From earliest times, man has created art depicting animals. Countless artifacts unearthed from ancient civilizations: sculpture, petroglyphs, jewellery and ceramics, reveal our age old connection to the natural world. By using wood and metal that has been re-claimed, re-cycled and re-purposed, my goal is to create work that captures the grace, power and beauty of animals. I guess you could say I'm attempting to make modern artifacts.
I have always made things.
During my career as a stonemason, I always kept a spark of creativity alive through drawing, printmaking and woodcarving.
I have lived with my partner, Carol, in Cobble Hill on Vancouver Island for the past twenty-four years, and am proud to call the Cowichan Valley my home. I have always been an avid outdoorsman and get out in the woods as often as I can; a passion I share with Carol, our beagle Gordon, and our two grown sons.
Thanks for stopping by.
I am currently represented by:
Butchart Gardens Gallery, B.C.
Village Gallery, Sidney B.C.
Mariner's Market and Gallery Maple Bay, B.C.
*Sooke Fine Arts Show 2013, Sooke, BC
* Sidney Fine Arts Show 2013, Sidney, BC
* Sooke Fine Arts Show 2014, Sooke, BC
* Sidney Fine Arts Show 2014, Sidney, BC - Juror's Choice Award
*Goldstream Nature House Nature of The Island Art Show 2015
*Sooke Fine Arts Show 2015, Sooke, BC
* Sidney Fine Arts Show 2015, Sidney, BC - Honourable Mention
* Ladysmith Fine Arts Show 2016, Ladysmith Waterfront Gallery, Ladysmith, BC. Received 2nd Prize (3D), People's Choice Award
* Sooke Fine Arts Show 2016, Sooke B.C.
* Sidney Fine Art Show 2016, Sidney,B.C. -Recipient Colin Graham Award for Innovation.
* Sooke Fine Art Show 2017
* Sidney Fine Art Show 2018 -Colin Graham Award for Innovation
* Habitats for Humanity ReCycle Art Show 2018
* Goldstream Nature House Nature of The Island Art Show 2018
*Sidney Fine Art Show 2019 Best 3d Award